Quick links: timeline | registration | abstracts | program | sponsors | organizers
Due to high cost of the offshore operations in rough environment, the North Sea are in the top league for development of cutting-edge technologies for formation evaluation and geosteering. Many innovative solutions pioneered for the North Sea are now commercially available worldwide. Extensive research, technology development and investments in new equipment continue to remain the key factors that provide more value for each well delivered and maintain the North Sea`s competitiveness on the global market. Thus, NFES and NORCE believe that the Oil Capital of Norway (Stavanger) is a perfect arena for bringing together the people and sharing the ideas that would drive the oil industry forward for the next decades.
The workshop will take place at Sola Strand Hotel. The event is supported by:
The workshop is now open for registration. The registration fee includes access to the program of the workshop, lunch on both days and the conference dinner on November 5. Please, follow the link to our partner website Digitroll to fulfill the payment and select your correct registration type:
- General registration: NOK 2500*
- NFES member for 2019 in good standing: NOK 2500*, includes NFES membership for 2020
- Student (confirmation of student status would be required at the venue): NOK 500*
* Pricing dependence on registration date. To get the best price register before October 6.
Submit an abstract now and do not miss chance to show your new result in the poster session!
The Sola Strand Hotel can be reserved from 4th to 7th of November using the special rate for the workshop (NOK 1295). We advice to book your hotel in advance since the number of the available rooms is limited. The reservation can be placed until the extended deadline: October 17.
Other things to do in Stavanger
|Evaluation results are sent out (contact us if you did not recieve the email)||August 30, 2019|
|Speaker confirmation deadline||September 4, 2019|
|Registration opens||September 12, 2019|
|Deadline for late poster abstracts||While there is room in the poster session|
|Early registration closes||October 6, 2019||Hotel reservation expires||October 17, 2019|
|Online registration closes||October 27, 2019|
|Workshop dates||November 5-6, 2019|
To accommodate more diverse presentations into the workshop program, the committee has decided to include a poster session to the program. The poster session is designed to diversify the program and facilitate small-group discussions during the workshop. It gets dedicated 90 minutes in the program on day 2, but the posters would be available to the participants during breaks throughout the workshop. If you are coming to the workshop and have something to show, please submit your abstract for the consideration. The technical committee will consider new submissions while we have room in the poster session.
The program will consist of 2 invited speakers, 5 plenary sessions and a poster session. The workshop will include complimentary lunches and conference dinner on November 5. The preliminary program can be found here.
- Monica Vik Constable, Project Leader Subsurface Illumination, Equinor.
Title: Geosteering – The Past, Present and Future
- Carlos Torres-Verdin, Professor, UT Austin.
Title: Numerical modeling and inversion strategies of borehole geophysical measurements to improve the quantification of in-situ storage and flow properties of rocks
Want to get updates? Join mail list for updates on how to.
- Sergey Alyaev, Senior Scientist at NORCE, PM Geosteering for IOR
- Mathias Horstmann, Principal Domain Petrophysicist at Schlumberger Norway / President NFES
- David Selvåg Larsen, Global Reservoir Navigation Service Technical Lead at Baker Hughes, a GE company / VP Program NFES
- Dler Mirza, Senior Petrophysicist at Aker BP / VP Member NFES
- Per Atle Olsen, Leading Advisor at Equinor
Technical evaluation committee
- Nils-Andre Aarseth, Aker BP
- Per Atle Olsen, Equinor
- Erich Suter, NORCE
- Gianbattista Tosi, Vår Energi