Quick links: abstracts | timeline | program | organizers | sponsors
Due to high cost of the offshore operations in rough environment, the North Sea are in the top league for development of cutting-edge technologies for formation evaluation and geosteering. Many innovative solutions pioneered for the North Sea are now commercially available worldwide. Extensive research, technology development and investments in new equipment continue to remain the key factors that provide more value for each well delivered and maintain the North Sea`s competitiveness on the global market. Thus, we believe that the Oil Capital of Norway (Stavanger) is a perfect arena for bringing together the people and sharing the ideas that would drive the oil industry forward for the next decades.
The board committee hereby invites you to submit abstracts to present your research, innovation, and new technology in formation evaluation and geosteering across the following main topics:
- Borehole logging/reservoir mapping technology
- Static and dynamic modelling and inversion
- Uncertainty and decision analysis
- Case studies – techniques; positive and negative experiences
- Machine learning and statistical methods
- Reservoir and production surveillance
We are looking forward to seeing submissions from academia and presentations of new methodologies. We encourage the industry sharing negative experiences from real cases and known challenges.
|Abstract submission closes||July 1 2019|
|Registration opens||September 3 2019|
|Early registration closes||October 1 2019|
|Workshop dates||November 5-6 2019|
Program will consist of 6-8 plenary sessions. The program will be announced after all abstracts are evaluated.
- Monica Vik Constable, Project Leader Subsurface Illumination, Equinor.
Title: Geosteering – The Past, Present and Future
Want to get updates? Join mail list for updates on how to.
- Sergey Alyaev, Senior Scientist at NORCE, PM Geosteering for IOR
- David Selvåg Larsen, Global Reservoir Navigation Service Technical Lead at Baker Hughes, a GE company / VP Program NFES
- Dler Mirza, Senior Petrophysicist at Aker BP / VP Member NFES
- Mathias Horstmann, Principal Domain Petrophysicist at Schlumberger Norway / President NFES
- Per Atle Olsen, Leading Advisor at Equinor